Procurement Division Director at the Office of the State Comptroller
The Director of the Procurement Division is responsible for managing a staff of attorneys who review high dollar procurements to ensure that contracting practices of state and local government units comply with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Director also supervises the provision of legal services to the office in support of its audit function.
- Oversees the Division’s herbal viagra alternative review of state and local government procurements for compliance with legal requirements.
- Ensures that procurement reviews and audit reports are legally sufficient.
- Advises the State Comptroller on statutory requirements, practices and policies governing procurement by state and local government entities.
- Works with the Comptroller to develop strategic procurement initiatives.
- Coordinates with the office’s Director of Audits to perform related procurement reviews for audit reports.
- Directs and oversees the preparation of public reports related to procurement issues and investigations.
- Represents the office at meetings with public officials, legislators and procurement professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the area of government procurement and contracting.
- Admission to practice law in the State of New Jersey.
- 8 – 10 years of experience as an attorney, including experience working in a supervisory capacity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to:
Elissa Westbrook Smith, Administrator
Office of the State Comptroller
20 W. State St., 12th Floor
P.O. Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625